Just FYI: No sprays on anything! No pesticides, fungicides, anything-cides on our plants! Our fertilizer is OMRI-listed (Harmony Organic Fertilizer, from Seven Springs).
As the season winds down, do give us a call on the Blueberry Hotline (540-544-6833) or check Facebook to confirm we’re open;. Cash or check only, thanks!
With so many birds, so many hot days and so little rain, our season is ending relatively early. But there are still some berries to be had. Please confirm via phone message or facebook post that we are open.
7/8 Sunday CLOSED for maintenance!
7/9 Monday 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
7/10 Tuesday: 700 a.m. to 12:00 noon + last evening pick of the season 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
7/11 Wednesday – 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
7/12 Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon LAST DAY!
Blueberries are $2.50 per pound plus 2.5% VA sales tax. A pint of blueberries is about three-quarters (3/4ths) of a pound. Please pick into our containers and transfer to your own for the ride home.
Cash or check only, thanks!
*Some “berry patch” tips:
- Please use our containers for picking; bring something to take them home in.
- Picking can be great fun for children! For best success, we recommend picking early in the morning before it gets too warm.
- This is a farm; nature happens. Please understand that the field may host some bees, yellow jackets, spiders, caterpillars, groundhogs, squirrels, turkey/deer poop, etc.
- Porta-potty available!
- Bring a cooler if you’re going to be doing anything other than heading home. We want your blueberries to have the longest possible shelf-life.
- Blueberries are simple to freeze – just be sure they are dry, and plop them into a freezer baggie or container. That’s it. Since we don’t use any sprays, there’s really no need to wash them. But if you do, be sure to let them dry. Damp berries spoil much faster than dry ones.
- No dogs, thanks! We’ve already got some :).