Just FYI: No sprays on anything! No pesticides, fungicides, anything-cides on our plants! Our fertilizer is OMRI-listed (Harmony Organic Fertilizer, from Seven Springs).
Once the season starts, do give us a call on the Blueberry Hotline (540-544-6833) to confirm we’re open; we close for ripening if over-picked.
Schedule for 2018: Should be open around the 20th of June – give or take a few days. Totally weather-dependent. Watch for updates!
Blueberries are $2.50 per pound plus 2.5% Va. sales tax. A pint of blueberries is about three-quarters (3/4ths) of a pound.
Checks and cash only.
*Some “berry patch” tips:
- Please use our containers for picking; bring something to take them home in.
- Picking can be great fun for children! For best success, we recommend picking early in the morning before it gets too warm.
- This is a farm; nature happens. Please understand that the field may host some bees, yellow jackets, spiders, caterpillars, etc.
- Porta-potty available!
- Bring a cooler if you’re going to be doing anything other than heading home. We want your blueberries to have the longest possible shelf-life.
- Blueberries are simple to freeze – just be sure they are dry, and plop them into a freezer baggie or container. That’s it. Since we don’t use any sprays, there’s really no need to wash them. But if you do, be sure to let them dry. Damp berries spoil much faster than dry ones.
- No dogs, thanks! We’ve already got some :).